PROFESSIONAL GARAGE DOOR OPENER REPAIR & INSTALLATION IN THORNTON, CO
Leave Your Details
garage door opener repair & INSTALLATION
Can you imagine operating your garage door without getting out of your car? Sounds interesting, right? However, if an opener malfunctions, you’ll find it hard to open or close your garage door.
When that happens, you need to call for a garage door opener repair service. At 225 Garage Door Repair, we have a team of professional garage door technicians that fixes most garage opener issues. Our repairers can solve broken gears, malfunctioning sensors, belt replacement, chain, and reprogramming.
OUR BEST PRACTICES
As we work with well-known brands such as Liftmaster, rest assured that we’ll use high-quality material. Aside from repair service, we also have garage door installation. We can replace your old units with a new door opener for the newly built garage.
Our certified repairman offers same-day service on all days of the week. We also provide a warranty on labor and parts.
types of garage door openers:
belt drive opener
This type of opener is more expensive than a chain drive. However, the difference between the two is that the belt drive uses rubber instead of a chain.
One advantage of a belt-driven over a chain-driven opener is that belt drive uses a rubber that lessens the irritating sound of a garage door when functioning.
chain drive opener
The chain-driven opener is a standard chain that most property owners use in their garage doors. Instead of a belt, chain-drive openers use a metal chain.
One advantage of this type of opener is its affordability and sturdiness compared to other openers.
wall mount opener
A wall mount garage opener is the most unique among the first two openers. The wall mount garage door opener or the jackshaft door opener has the slightest chance of becoming faulty even after a few years of usage.
Aside from being unique, the jackshaft door opener can be used in most residential and commercial high lift garage doors.
Garage door opener repair VS Garage door opener installation:
GARAGE DOOR opener repair
When a garage door opener becomes faulty, it could be a fault circuit, a loose chain, a missing sensor, or a damaged remote. However, these issues would only need a simple repair and not a new installation.
• Faulty motherboard
If you notice that your opener doesn’t have sounds or lights, you may have an imperfect circuit.
• A loose opener chain
If the chains of your opener become loose, you won’t be able to close or open your garage door. A saggy chain is one of the most common garage door problems but can be easily fixed by a professional garage door technician.
• Broken gear and sprocket
Gears and sprockets help the drive and chain of the opener to move the door up and down. If these two break, your opener will become faulty, and you won’t operate your garage door correctly.
• Damaged or missing sensor
The sensor’s job is to prevent the door from shutting down. It’s a safety feature to prevent injuries. However, if you lack or have a damaged sensor, it could cause accidents.
• A non-functional wall unit or remote, or both
A non-functional remote or wall unit has a simple solution. If you haven’t changed the batteries of your opener, try to change it first. If it works, it’s good for you, but if it doesn’t, the problem might be severe. In this case, you should call a garage door maintenance specialist to repair the problem right away.
GARAGE DOOR opener installation
If your garage door opener has an irreparable issue, you need to consider installing a new one. Check below the reasons why you need a new garage door opener.
- If you haven’t changed your opener for years now, some parts of it might not be in the market anymore. Therefore, the only option you can have is a garage door opener installation.
- Sensors can add more value to your property, so if you don’t have one, make sure to install it now. Installing a sensor is necessary, especially if you plan to sell your house in the future.
- Older units don’t have good features such as Wi-Fi, battery backup, and a camera. If you think it’s time to change your opener, hire a professional garage door technician to find the latest replacement garage door opener.
Common Garage Door Opener Issues
- Opening and Closing Seems Unusual
One reason that could make your garage door go wrong is the opener. Check first if your garage door opener is in good condition. If not, the sensors and the close limit switch need realignment and adjusting.
- Grinding Noises
A garage door must not produce any noise when operating. However, if it does, you might have broken gear. If that’s the case, call a garage door repair service to eliminate the noisy sounds and replace your broken gears. In this way, you can adequately use your garage door again.
- The Remote Keypad or Control of the Garage Door Opener is not responding.
One way to solve this kind of issue is to replace your garage door keypad or garage door remote’s battery. Assuming it didn’t work, your garage door won’t open. In this case, you can also try to reprogram the opener and enter the password you use in opening or closing the door.
- Opener Reversing Feature Doesn’t Work. Your garage door is built with an opener reversing feature. It’s a safety characteristic of your garage door that prevents injuries to your pet or kid. However, it is a safety concern if your reversing feature doesn’t work. Call a certified garage door maintenance specialist for a safety check.
- Emergency Release is Pulled Down The garage door emergency release cord is used when you can’t open your garage door automatically. If you unintentionally pulled it down, your opener will be disengaged and you won’t be able to properly open your garage door.
DOES YOUR GARAGE DOOR OPENER NEED A REPAIR OR A REPLACEMENT?
If you’re in need of a garage door opener repair or installation, look no further than 225 Garage Door Repair. We’re experts in all things related to garage doors and openers, and we’re here to help you get your door back up and running as quickly as possible!
Leave Your Details